musings

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

PARIS (Day 1)


So, here I come again wid my post on Paris.... Heard tht ppl heard a lot abt ITALY last yr (hehe..). So, will post it later...
Haa.. PARIS, the place of eternal love, as somebody said, is really a wonderful place to watch... I dinno much abt livin there. But ppl say its really costly over there... So, first of all abt our journey..

We strted here frm Munich on Friday nite(Got reservved in a Night train called Nacht Zug). As soon as we entered inside, we found some frivolous ppl in shorts wid a walky-talky in their hands and a I-Card which they were showin us(It stated FEDERAL POLICE.. OOoops). Really, I can say one thin tht at the first sight, I didn't believe tht they were Police.. but havin a look at the I-Card had to..(U ofcourse don't have sufficient time to do tht even... Jst managed to).. Those ppl took my VISA N strted talkin to some1 in some language which I cudn't comprehend.. I was havin some doubt in my mind like 'R these real Police???', 'R they gonna run away wid my PP(Passport)???', 'But I saw their I-Card, so mite be not...', etc.. They really took hell lot of time to get it confirmed tht I am a legal immigrant... Haahhh... Finally they gave our PPs back (Thank Godddd... I got 'em bak..).. Now we r freeeeeeeee.. haha

The seats in the train were not tht suitable to have a gud sleep.. (I din't write abt Italy na.. Actually Italian trains have a very gud system to sleep in the cabins.. Will let U know in tht post).. So, jst had a half-sleep the whole nite. In the mornin we reached Paris. There we had to go to a person's house which is situated abt 1 hr frm the Paris East station.. Actually tht person is a cousin of Gaurav.. So, our accomodation problem was solved(Can say we were lucky, coz tht chap planned to leave to India 3 days after we left Paris..).. We managed to reach his home finally. Had a gr8 bath. Then strted to roam Paris..

First we went to Versailles. Btw, tht person's name is Nikhil. He said tht if we r not interested to visit the palace, we can getinside the garden of the palace. As U ppl mite have known by now tht we already got bored wid the palaces N castles, we thought of goin to the garden there.. But here comes the first unexpeccted event... There is an entry fee even to the garden.. Ohh God.. I donno wht they were opt to... So, we just walked arnd the garden N U know, tht place is so big tht we even Njoyed by roamin in the free area there.. Its like a big park in whicg there is restricted entry to the garden.. So, had some gud time over there. Later we left to the sexiest N the most talked place in Paris... Yep.. Guess U got it... Its EIFFEL TOWER.... Nikhil left us at this place..

We reached there arnd 7 PM. Got into the line N by 9 we were on the top of the tower(Until its allowed).. To be frank, its really a wonderful place to be.. I liked it a lot N just loved to be there the whole day if time permitted.. N one suggestion to the one-side lovers(Guess I have mentioned it somewhere already..).. Take the one U love onto the top of the tower N propose her.. Its such a sexy place tht she wud hardly reject.. Even if she rejects, U always have a choice to push her frm the TOPPPP.. hehehe.. Btw, we happened to witness a propose.. It was ofcourse accepted.. We also had the view of Sunset frm tht place.. We stayed there till 11PM on the top. We wanted to watch the EIFFEL TOWER on lites. Also, there are some lites on the tower which keep glitterin fr 10 mins in an hour(eg. 9 to 9.10; 10 to 10:10.. It atually strts frm 9 PM).. So, we were on road by 11:00Pm to watch this.. It was awesome....

Then we headed back to the place we got to go.. We just know Nikhil's address. N at tht time there is no Bus fecility available to reach his home. Had to walk arnd Half-an-hour(If we know the way..). We strted walkin assumin we know the way.. But we lost it.. It was arnd 1:30 AM N we r on roads. Dinno whom to ask.. Gaurav had a phone but its on International roamin.. We had a long walk.. Dinno where we were goin.. Just kept walkin fr arnd half an hour.. Finaly we came to a bus-stop which has a map. We looked in the map fr the street we gotto go... Hellll.. we were on the opposite side... So, checked it and strted goin in the rite direction.. This time we kept walkin fr another Half-an hour. We were not able to find the places we had to... So, strted searchin fr another bus stop where we can get a map.. Got it.. this time tooo we were wrong, actually took a turn in advance.. Nxt time we got an idea.. Using our Rajat's BELOVED Camera.. took a snap of the map(It really worked..) We finally reached Nikhil's home arnd 3:30AM... Tht day I Njoyed a lottt and got exhausted completely by the time I reached the destination..... So, went to bed as fast as possible.. The nxt day I woke up to find my colleagues gettin ready fr Lunch.. (They had Breakfast too... haha)..
Will post the nxt 2 days events in the nxt post....

2 Comments:

Blogger Anki said...

tht was loooong !!

but nice description. i will take care i dont spend much time in the french train when i visit Paris. And abt tht Effiel Tower, I guess I had told you ppl to get a girlfrnd to take thr. Too bad u didnt take my suggestion :D

3:13 AM  
Blogger Sudani Siva Kumar said...

Kya kare Anki.. I tried real hard to have ONE.. But U see here we find many of 'em committed.. mmmmm.... :(

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home