musings

Friday, July 14, 2006

FOOTIE FEVERRRRRRRR

I am in Munich, Germany.. where there r real Diehard Footie fans.. I saw a lot of 'em... So, I wud like to scribble somethin on my experiences here wid this..
I actually had a slight idea on football b4 I came here(Never watched Ny match in TV b4 comin here.. Jst some of my frnds matches in the coll...). I was havin a feelin like to experience the footie fever.. Whts all tht?? How will tht be??? I heard a lot abt it.. So, jst was waitin fr the time.. N I was lucky to be here durin the world Cup N U know tht the openin ceremony took place at Munich only...

Date: June 9, 2006
Event: Openin Ceremony of WC-2006 Football
Place: Olympia park, Munich
Capacity: 40,000 ppl..
People: Karn, Sudani Siva, Gaurav
I wanted to attend the openin ceremony N wanna watch the first match to experience whts all this footie fever.. So, left the lab early(My guide cudn't say No, as he also planned to watch it.. But he went late N was not allowed inside as the park was over crowded..).. It took abt 45 mins for us to enter inside the Park... Btw, this FAN PARK is the place where the ppl who donot get the stadium tickets come to watch the match fr free.. I was really amazed at the crowd there.. U see the ppl many of them takin beer N just Njoyin the match shoutin, wavin German flags, dancin, etc.. I thought of grabbin a beer tht day, but was unable to as I was unable to get out of the crowd to take one(We got a place just infrnt of the screen, though a bit back, so, didn't feel like leavin it).. So, tht day we got ourselves painted with the German flag colors on our face N strted cheerin fr Germany. Its the openin match Germany vs Costa Rice. I heard tht the Germans are a bit dangerous.. So, I felt like havin a German flag color on my cheek wud save me at odd times haha.. We watched the match N later returned SAFE..(the day Germany won naaaa.. so were saved.. else donno wht wud have happened... OMG).. Had a gud experience there too.. The only thing I felt like missin there was BEER.. Also one more thin.. This state is famous fr its beer....

These Germans really go crazy when they win a match. They celebrate very well. U shud have witnessedd it.. Whenever Germany wins a match, U keep hearin a lot of horns on the roads. These ppl donot use horns at all at normal times..(the amazin fact I happened to realize after 4 days of my arrival to Munich)..

Now, the seond time I went to the FAN PARK.
Date: 9th July, 2006
Event: Final World Cup Match.. Italy vs France
People: Rajat, Sudani Siva, Gaurav, Gaurav's bro N his cousin
This time it was a lot of Njoyment here. First of all, Munich is a place which is nearer to Italy when compared to all the Fan Parks in Germany.. So, the park was completely filledd with Italian people.. N ya, One thing.. Italian gals r damn beautifulllllllllllllllllllllllllll...... I happened to watch the three-fourth match sittin beside some bunch of gorgeous Italian gals... I dinno whom to watch.. hehehe.. Tht day as expected the crowd didn't turn up. It was arnd 22000 ppl in the park.. The match went well.. N ya U shud have watched the Italians celebrate.. Nyhow, the Germans wud have celebrated still wellll.... (Had they won it..)
N ya, U mite be havin a doubt if I had a beer this time.. I didn't.. as I already got an opportunity to taste the BEST BAVARIAN BEER 2 days b4 tht...(Will post it toooo.. So, come back here again...)

Keep watchin.......

2 Comments:

Blogger shilpi said...

siva ..mujhe to pata hi nahi tha ki aap itne achche photographer ho...jiski photo leni hai usi ki li hai ...sahi hai

3:44 AM  
Blogger Sudani Siva Kumar said...

Rite.. Shilpi.. U were the first One to find tht out.. Arey jitne logon ko photo dikhaaye, sub bolte hai ki AREY BAHUT LOG HAI YAAR.. lekin kisi ne ye nahi poocha 'Us bandi ke baare mein.. hehe' ..
Btw.. TUM KO MERE PHOTOGRAPHY KE BAARE MEIN BAHUT LATE PATA CHALA:.. hahaha

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home