musings

Friday, September 21, 2007

Houston & Me

Hmm.. after these many days... I guess this is the common statement that I put before each of my posts. Nyways.. I didnot feel anything apt other than this at this odd hour(Am in the lab at 2:30AM and really am not feelin to work).
So, just tryin to say Hi to all.. [;)]......
Aur kya hai??
Haan Houston... (My personal feelings.. and all tht copyrighted stuff..............)
I didnot like the place at the first sight. May be after knowing that its the fourth biggest city in US, I expected a lot.. But, ya.. its not as good as Munich. ANd ya. after coming here.. I saw many similarities to India.. like.. Punctuality.... I was in an apprehension that I got to go to classes at rite time, shud attend everything on time, etc.. But, its not the case.. Here also they follow the system of ACTUAL+15-20mins(Guess its 30 in India.. [;)])... So, no difference there//
Then Eating.. I am a Restricted Non-veggie... So, no pork and beef(N these are the things that U generally get here often). So, in parties,etc(like free food.. etc).. got to be careful.. To avoid taking risk I happened to take a veggie sandwich on the first day.. I didn't know that they have RAW mushroom.. It was horrible...
Now.. ACs.. I donno how ppl survive sitting in those AC rooms. Its really bad.. I come out of my room now and then and stand in Sun for a while and go back. When I was in Munich, the ppl there used to be so fond of Sun that they used to celebrate whenever they find a sunny Noon.. Here its the opposite.. [:(]
Rains.. haan I came here on 15th August and on 16th August there was a heavy downpour because of which the university has to be shutdown fr some 4 hrs.. (The drainage system here is very good).. Now, I got used to the rains here which is always filled with thunders and lightening.. The lightening occurs in such a way that the Fire Alarms of the Apartment strt working.. ;)
University.. Its a very small Univ.. heard its the smallest considering something.. I donno.. nd the research is good.
Now...... ????????????????????????/
I donno... Will stop here..

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaps said...

Ha ha ha ...
Hmmm this was a Signature Siva stuff with a cool yet honest take on the things ... hmm even I cant imagine having RAW mushrooms (:O??)...and rains with thunder ... he he I remember that incident @ Morvi when at the mid of nite there was no lite and 2 ppl were not able to sleep coz of some non-scientific stuff [:P] ....

3:33 PM  
Blogger Sudani Siva Kumar said...

HE he.. Was tht in Morvi?? I don't remember the place, but yaa.. remember the incident.. ;)

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home