musings

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Who said Lord Ram doesn't exist???!!!!

May be this should be sent to the politicians who are trying to play politics taking the name of Lord Rama.
This is about one of my observations here in Houston.
I always happen to see squirrels in Rice Univ. They are completely black. The first time I saw from a distance, I though they were some mongoose. But, later found that they were not. Then I suddenly remembered the story that I happened to hear when I was small. "Why do squrrels in INDIA have 3 white lines on them??"
The story goes this way..
When Lord Rama is managing the Vanaras build the bride to Lanka, there was a squirrel there which felt like it should also help Rama in some way or the other. So, it decided to throw sand on the rocks laid by the vanaras. Though it was a very small help, it enjoyed doing that. Then Lord Rama happens to see the squirrel and it seems that he took it into his hands and moved his three fingers(excluding the thumb and little finger) on the squirrels back. SO, the three white lines that we see on the back of any INDIAN squirrel are because of the blessings of Lord Rama.
Ofcourse, Lord Rama wasn't here. So, we can't expect squirrels in US also to have white color lines.. DOnno if these ppl can distinguish a mongoose frm a squirrel... :) :) :) {Atleast I cannot as of now...}
One of my mythological stories helped me explain the difference between DESI and AMRU squirrels.. ;) ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home